Monday 22 December 2008

Flash hard

"Sorry, sorry, sorry..." I splutter, bumbling into the room. My arms are full of disassociated paperwork, coffee mugs and a fragrant sense of misadventure. I have been missing for the entire month of December yet I reappear as though I was delayed at the bakers by a fat woman wishing to smell all the buns.

My apologies are however genuine. Last week I had flu. I don't recommend it. I was so weak I barely had the strength to throw anything at Cliff Richard at all. Luckily I managed a handful of phlegmgorised tissues and feel my point was made.

Anyway, shall we get back into this? June 2004 is our destination, at time when a 53 year old man from York was banned from all the hospitals in England and Wales because of an abusive manner and a fetish for surgical masks. And England are beating France in Euro 2004 and then suddenly they aren't.

UCLES* took to this self indulgent field of dreams as Monk, Lawrence, Linsdell, Wylie, Visage, Richards, Braithwaite, Siyambalapitiya, Robinson, Dagless, Danson.