Friday 23 January 2009

Cow corner

It would be very easy to blame my absence for the last fortnight on further illness (nasty bug that involved passing liquid through a typically 'solid's only' department) and indeed an ever-increasing workload. I could even argue that I have chosen to spend more time with my family.

But the truth is that I have neglected you and discarded my responsibilities like a beaver that gnaws a 1000 trees but never causes one to fall. You will be disinterested to learn therefore that I am back now and hussing once more a globule of nonsense and drivel your way.

Another clash with Chemistry and a triumphant afternoon for a Mr Dagless who formally takes a back seat this year to bring a curtain down on an UCLES career that began when the great new dawn in the USA was about to begin under a man called Clinton.

And Leeds were Champions. I'm not sure which of those is funnier...

For this 2004 fixture, UCLES were Wylie, Linsdell, Daggless, Monk, Bean, Lawrence, Visage, Siyambalapititya, Robinson, Thomson, Danson.